Welcome to the Lady Lions U10 team for the 2017-18 season. We are so excited to have such a great group of girls!
· Practices/Skill Sessions: September/October U10 practices/skill sessions held on Fridays at 5:40 PM and Saturday at 8:00 AM will start on Monday, August 28 at 6:20 PM. 18 total practices in Sept/Oct. In season practices will be held on Mondays at 6:20-7:20 PM. The teams second weekly practice will be held on Friday evenings at 5:20 or 6:30 PM, and is conjunction with the Squirt Jaguars. 30 minimum practices in November-March.
· Games for U10s would start end of October/beginning of November. Minimum 2 games - home and away - against CGHL U10 teams. Additional games with some close-by out of state U10 girls teams can be scheduled by coaches. Maximum 16-20 games.
· Tournaments - Just added! CGHL U10 Fall Jamboree! Connecticut Girls Hockey League will be holdiong a Girls U10 Jamboree on October 15, 2017. Details will follow in the Fall. In addition, Lady Lions U10 will be playing in Greenwich Skate Outdoor Jamboree in November. CGHL Season ending jamboree/tournament last weekend in February. We can look into another U10 tournament in the New York/New England area if there is enough interest.
· Lady Lions U10 team will play within Squirt Jaguar league. Adds a "U10" split ice team practice and one game per weekend. (Nov-March). Jaguars would include a minimum 18 practices + 16 games
· Fees for Lady Lions U10 Travel + Jaguar Girls Team = $1,950 + $75 tournament fees. Total cost $2,025. Online registration is now open, and we are asking that all players pay a minimum $500 deposit.
Again, welcome! We know that all of you will find the Lady Lions U10 team to be a wonderful experience for your daughters, both from skills learned, and friendships made.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Just email email@example.com or give us a call at 203-438-4423, ext 4.
LADY LIONS U12 TRAVEL HOCKEY FOR THE 2017-18 SEASON
Welcome to the Lady Lions U12 team for the 2017-18 season. The program has been "beefed up," with the Lady Lions U12 team now having 3 practices a week in the fall. Practice will start on Monday, August 28 at 6:20 PM. In season, November-March will be 2 regularly scheduled practices with an option for the girls to add a third practice on Friday nights. We realize that some of you will be playing on RAHA Lions Travel teams. Every effort will be made to avoid weekend game conflicts. Below are this coming seasons highlights
· Practices - a minimum of 50 practices.
o September - October 3 practices per week held on Mondays 6:20 PM, Fridays 5:40 PM and Saturdays at 8:00-9:00 AM
o 2 weekly in-season practices November - March. Practices to be held on Mondays at 6:20 PM for all Lady Lions Travel teams, and Wednesdays 5:10 PM for Lady Lions U12.
· Games - Games for Lady Lions U12 Travel team will start in early to mid-October. Team will play home and away games against all teams in the Connecticut Girls Hockey League (CGHL) U12 age level. Preliminary teams are listed below. In addition, games will be scheduled with some other area teams that are compatible.
· Tournaments - Lady Lions U12 Travel team will play in the CGHL season end tournament in March. In addition, the Lady Lions U12 Travel team will play in the Greenwich Skate Outdoor Jamboree in November , and the Green Mountain Girls Tournament in Vermont in January. If there is enough interest, we can find a second away tournament for the team.
· Want a third practice per week November-March? - Girls on the Lady Lions U12 Travel team are welcome to participate in a separate half-sheet Friday evening practice for $350.00 per player.
· Fees - Fee for Lady Lions U12 teams will be $2,355 + $140.00 tournaments fees for a total of $2,495.00 for the 2017-18 season. This fee includes the Greenwich Jamboree, Green Mountain Girls Tournament, and the CGHL Tournament fee. Registration is now available online. Just click here. We are asking for a $500 deposit at this time.
Melissa Webdale Kathy Ludwig
203-995-8787 cell 203-438-4423, ext 4 rink
LADY LIONS U16/U19 TRAVEL HOCKEY FOR THE 2017-18 SEASON
Welcome to the Ridgefield Lady Lions U16/U19 Girls Travel Hockey Team. Team is open to all girls, including those playing on Girls High School teams, and Girls playing on boys/coed youth teams looking to improve their hockey skills in a split season all girls hockey environment. Positions are still available.
· Team entered as a split season team in the Connecticut Girls Hockey League
· Team starts in early September with one practice and one weekend game through the week before Thanksgiving, ending just before the high school girls teams start their tryouts on Monday, November 20. Whenever possible games will be scheduled early Sunday evenings.
· One to two games per month, no practices, will be played in December, January & February with schedule worked around area high school game schedule.
· After the girls high school State tournament in early March, the Lady Lions U16/U19 team will reassemble to play in the CGHL State tournament the third weekend in March, 2018.
· Gary Bingham, with more than 25 years coaching experience, has signed on to be the head coach. A brief list of Gary’s credentials & accomplishments:
· Head Hockey Coach at Rye Country Day School 15 years
· Youth Hockey Director Washington Capital, NHL
· Varsity Hockey (and soccer!) player at Miami University, NCAA Division I
· Level 4 USA Hockey Coaching certification, BS in Physical Education from Miami University, Red Cross certified CPR and First Aide
GREAT WAY TO PREPARE FOR YOUR HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY SEASON!
Fees - Fee for Lady Lions U16/U19 split season team will be $950 + $75 CGHL tournaments fee for a total of $1,025.00 for the 2017-18 season. Fee includes home & away jerseys as well as practice jersey. We are asking for a $500 deposit at this time. Balance will be due on September 10, 2017 and will be automatically charged to your credit card
QUESTIONS: Please give us a call at 203-438-4423, ext 4.